Conserving Koala Country

Conserving Koala Country

Tuesday 5 March 2013

RIP Kevin


Kevin - in better times
I have been meaning to post this for some time.  In mid-January I was sad to find the remains of Kevin.  I had not predicted his death. We attempted to catch him in December for a health check but he simply glared at me from his distant perch (barely within my reach) in a dead limb and refused to be persuaded down.  He always seemed to be in the thick of any action at the site so I’m guessing he simply wore himself out.  I will miss you my grumpy, stubborn friend.
The exciting news though is that In January, Ruby had a jellybean joey in her pouch.  By its size, I reckon it might just be Kevin’s.
Wally is also still with us.  He is now in a tree near the gate from the paddock into the site.  As much as I would like to get the accelerometer and GPS off his collar, we won't be catching him until he's in a much improved state.

No comments:

Post a Comment